Home » News » Public Safety
Names of Goffstown accident victims released
GOFFSTOWN — State boating officials have released the name of the two people involved in a Jet Ski accident on Glen Lake Sunday afternoon.
Imtiaz Shaikh, 40, was the male passenger who had difficulty swimming and sank beneath the water after getting thrown off a SeaDoo watercraft as it made a turn on the lake, the New Hampshire Marine Patrol said.
Several people brought Shaikh to shore and performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation until rescue personnel arrived. Authorities said Monday his medical condition has improved and that his life is no longer in danger.
The driver, Elena Birca, 29, was treated and released from the hospital Sunday.
Neither was wearing a personal flotation device, which is required under state law, the Marine Patrol said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 2
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
License revocations for DWI announced