Home » News » Public Safety
Hikers lost at Castle in the Clouds found safe
MOULTONBOROUGH - A father and daughter got lost hiking Saturday when they went to the Castle in the Clouds without a map.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to the Mount Shaw trail when Michael Arcidy, 56, of Bedford, and his daughter Chiara Arcidy, 23, of New York City lost the trail due to heavy fog Saturday evening and ended up on a snowmobile trail, according to Fish and Game.
Officers went up with all terrain vehicles to find and rescue the pair, using the GPS in the cell phones of the lost hikers to track their location. They were found safe and brought back to their car around 11:30 p.m.
Fish and Game officers stated the pair had nearly all the necessary hiking gear, except a map. A list of recommended equipment for hiking can be found at www.hikesafe.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands