Home » News » Public Safety
Hikers lost at Castle in the Clouds found safe
MOULTONBOROUGH - A father and daughter got lost hiking Saturday when they went to the Castle in the Clouds without a map.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to the Mount Shaw trail when Michael Arcidy, 56, of Bedford, and his daughter Chiara Arcidy, 23, of New York City lost the trail due to heavy fog Saturday evening and ended up on a snowmobile trail, according to Fish and Game.
Officers went up with all terrain vehicles to find and rescue the pair, using the GPS in the cell phones of the lost hikers to track their location. They were found safe and brought back to their car around 11:30 p.m.
Fish and Game officers stated the pair had nearly all the necessary hiking gear, except a map. A list of recommended equipment for hiking can be found at www.hikesafe.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
License revocations for DWI announced