Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Blue Jays' Morrow set to make another rehab start for Fisher Cats
Toronto Blue Jays ace pitcher Brandon Morrow continues his rehab tonight for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. Morrow is scheduled to start against the Binghamton Mets at 7:05 p.m. as New Hampshire opens a six-game homestand at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. The Fisher Cats expect to welcome their three-millionth fan to the ballpark during the homestand.
The Fisher Cats (48-73) return to Manchester following a 4-2 road trip against the Erie SeaWolves and Akron Aeros.
An oblique strain has kept Morrow on the disabled list since mid-June. He had seven wins, including three shutouts, over 13 starts before the injury. Tonight marks his fourth rehab start and second with New Hampshire. He allowed two runs and three hits in five innings in a win against Erie last week.
New Hampshire, which is 19-38 at home this season, plays a three-game set with Binghamton through Thursday. The teams have split their season-series 7-7. The Mets (59-62) are fourth in the Eastern League Eastern Division.
Altoona, which won three of four at home against the Fisher Cats in late July, makes its first trip to Manchester this weekend for three games (Friday-Sunday). The Curve (59-61) are fourth in the Western Division.
The Fisher Cats finished their road trip on Sunday with a 3-0 win against Akron, the team’s seventh shutout victory this season. Starter Yohan Pino and three other pitchers combined on the five-hitter and John Tolisano hit his ninth home run to lead the offense.
The three-millionth fan to enter the ballpark will win a prize pack that includes 2013 season tickets and a two-night stay at a resort, the team announced.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty