May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Two arrested, one charged in escape from jail program
ROCHESTER — Police decided not to prosecute a woman after her boyfriend allegedly escaped from a work release program at Strafford County Jail Annex Thursday.
Shaun Fifield, 35, of 295 A Spring St. in Farmington, was charged with escape and resisting arrest or detention, while his girlfriend, Laurie Tilton, 50, of 15B Moores Court in Rochester, was charged with hindering apprehension.
Both were arraigned in Rochester District Court Friday, but the police prosecutor agreed not to process the case — a Class B Misdemeanor — against Tilton, according to the court clerk.
Meanwhile Fifield remains in Strafford County Jail on $10,000 cash bail with the condition he have no contact with Tilton, according to court records.
Assistant County Attorney Tim Sullivan said he was not sure whether Fifield — who was in jail after being convicted of simple assault and stalking — went to work or not, but he was charged after failing to report back by 6 p.m. Thursday.
“It’s not exactly clear to me,” Sullivan said.
After receiving a report from Strafford County Dispatch, police began searching for Fifield around 7:18 p.m. Thursday after learning he had allegedly not returned from the work release program and was suspected to be heading to Tilton’s home.
Police discovered both Fifield and Tilton were inside the Moores Court home. After Fifield refused to surrender, Tilton let officers inside, where they used a Taser to take him into custody, according to court records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 2
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 6
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 2
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 4
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 5
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 2
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Souhegan boys, Coe-Brown girls repeat in Div. II meets - 0
- Massachusetts cab driver robbed in Pelham - 0
- Coos County campground owner vows business as usual despite fire; PorcFest X to go on - 0
- Hikers rescued from separate Monadnock region trails during rough weather - 2
- Smokey oven fire forces Nashua evacuation - 0
- Driver dozes, car wipes out Merrimack Chamber of Commerce information booth - 0
- Late snowfall ties New Hampshire record set in 1967 - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Sans dice, how will Hassan roll now? - 5
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 2
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424