June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Man indicted on 13 felony drug charges
BRENTWOOD — A Massachusetts man found with $35,000 worth of steroids in his car while driving up Route 125 in Brentwood has been indicted on felony charges, according to indictments.
Mark Ferrara, 24, of Hobson Avenue in Wilmington, Mass., faces 13 counts of possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute. A grand jury returned the charges against Ferrara when it met earlier this month in Superior Court.
Each of the charges carries a potential prison term of three-and-a-half to seven years and a $100,000 fine, according to court records.
Ferrara was arrested on June 4, moments after he was pulled over on Route 125 in Brentwood.
Deputies with the Rockingham County Sheriff's drug task force found 8,000 pills of various steroids in the vehicle. They also seized roughly 1,090 milliliters of injectable steroids, $1,100 in cash, and hypodermic needles during the search, the Sheriff's Department said.
Ferrara was the target of a three-month investigation, which included assistance from law enforcement agencies in New Hampshire and Massachusetts, the Sheriff's Department said.
After Ferrara's arrest, Wilmington, Mass., police executed a search warrant at Ferrara's home. They seized $47,000 in cash along with more steroids and about 200 hypodermic needles, according to the Sheriff's Department. Police in Wilmington, Mass., also found 360 milliliters of a human growth hormone and 200 hypodermic needles.
Just before being pulled over in New Hampshire, Ferrara had disclosed he was in possession of human growth hormone/anabolic steroids to undercover agents, the Sheriff's Department said.
Ferrara's vehicle was stopped by investigators in the northbound lane of Route 125 around 2:45 p.m.
Ferrara is being held on $50,000 bail at the Rockingham County jail.
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration/Cross Border Initiative in Lowell, Mass., and Kingston, Plaistow and Somersworth police departments also assisted in the investigation. Ferrara will be arraigned later this month in Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 24
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424