May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Man indicted on 13 felony drug charges
BRENTWOOD — A Massachusetts man found with $35,000 worth of steroids in his car while driving up Route 125 in Brentwood has been indicted on felony charges, according to indictments.
Mark Ferrara, 24, of Hobson Avenue in Wilmington, Mass., faces 13 counts of possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute. A grand jury returned the charges against Ferrara when it met earlier this month in Superior Court.
Each of the charges carries a potential prison term of three-and-a-half to seven years and a $100,000 fine, according to court records.
Ferrara was arrested on June 4, moments after he was pulled over on Route 125 in Brentwood.
Deputies with the Rockingham County Sheriff's drug task force found 8,000 pills of various steroids in the vehicle. They also seized roughly 1,090 milliliters of injectable steroids, $1,100 in cash, and hypodermic needles during the search, the Sheriff's Department said.
Ferrara was the target of a three-month investigation, which included assistance from law enforcement agencies in New Hampshire and Massachusetts, the Sheriff's Department said.
After Ferrara's arrest, Wilmington, Mass., police executed a search warrant at Ferrara's home. They seized $47,000 in cash along with more steroids and about 200 hypodermic needles, according to the Sheriff's Department. Police in Wilmington, Mass., also found 360 milliliters of a human growth hormone and 200 hypodermic needles.
Just before being pulled over in New Hampshire, Ferrara had disclosed he was in possession of human growth hormone/anabolic steroids to undercover agents, the Sheriff's Department said.
Ferrara's vehicle was stopped by investigators in the northbound lane of Route 125 around 2:45 p.m.
Ferrara is being held on $50,000 bail at the Rockingham County jail.
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration/Cross Border Initiative in Lowell, Mass., and Kingston, Plaistow and Somersworth police departments also assisted in the investigation. Ferrara will be arraigned later this month in Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424