June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Horsefeathers vandals leave the gas on, pilot lights off
CONWAY — Authorities are not saying whether anything was taken in a break-in at Horsefeathers in North Conway Village last weekend, but they acknowledge that the damage to the restaurant, a Mount Washington Valley landmark, could have been a lot worse.
The vandal, or vandals, turned off the pilot lights and turned on the gas.
The Saturday morning break-in was discovered by restaurant workers shortly after 8 a.m. The North Conway Fire Department was called in to clear and ventilate the building. The Bartlett Fire Department monitored the building.
According to Detective Christopher Mattei of the Conway Police Department, the gas could have ignited.
Mattei declined to comment on the extent of the damage or whether anything had been taken.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424