Home » News » Public Safety
Sandown teen in critical condition
HAMPSTEAD — A Sandown teenager was listed in critical condition in a Boston hospital Monday after a serious accident on Route 111 on Saturday.
David Augusta III, 17, was critically injured in the crash at 6:13 a.m. when police said his 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee crossed over the centerline, striking a 2002 Chrysler minivan driven by Susan LeBlanc, 41, of Plaistow.
Augusta remained in critical condition at Massachusetts General Hospital while LeBlanc was listed in serious condition, a hospital spokesman said Monday night.
Hampstead Police Lt. John Frazier said it's not known why Augusta, who was traveling alone, crossed into oncoming traffic near Hazel Drive and that the cause of the accident remains under investigation.
LeBlanc's passenger, John LeBlanc, 41, of Plaistow, and their two boys, ages 5 and 8, were treated for minor injuries, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 2
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
License revocations for DWI announced