Roger Clemens to pitch for Atlantic League team on Saturday
Roger Clemens, who won a record seven Cy Young Awards in a 24-year Major League Baseball career tainted by allegations of steroid use, will pitch for the minor-league Sugar Land Skeeters this weekend, representatives for him and the team said.
Clemens, 50, will be in uniform on Friday and pitch the following night at home against Bridgeport, said Christopher Hill, the Skeeters' vice president of business development.
The independent team bills itself as the Houston area's minor-league club. Clemens is a Texas native.
“It's a one-game thing with the Skeeters and we will go from there,” said Randy Hendricks, agent for the Texas native. “If he does well, he would probably pitch one more game for them.”
Clemens in June was found not guilty of lying to Congress about his use of performance-enhancing drugs. A federal jury of eight women and four men in Washington acquitted Clemens of all six counts he faced.
Clemens has denied using steroids and human-growth hormone since a 2007 report by former Sen. George Mitchell accused him of using the drugs in 1998, 2000 and 2001.
Clemens was indicted on one count of obstructing a congressional investigation into the use of performance-enhancing drugs by Major League Baseball players.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, Tepera fall to SeaWolves - 0
- Fisher Cats cancelled - 0
- Rober Brown's On Baseball: Fisher Cats' Jimenez back on track - 0
- Fisher Cats score 5 in the 9th to beat Aeros - 0
- After rain, Aeros pour it on against Fisher Cats - 0
- Roger Brown's On Baseball: Fisher Cats' Ryan Schimpf turning on the power - 0
- Familiar foes on tap for Fisher Cats - 0
- Fisher Cats gain sweep in Erie - 0
- Fisher Cats lose despite Nolan's HR - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate mum on House proposal for special session on Medicare - 3
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 21
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840