Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats defeat Mets, 3-2, for fifth-straight win
The Fisher Cats loaded the bases in the seventh inning and scored the go-ahead run on a free pass, beating the Binghamton Mets, 3-2, to capture their fifth straight victory on Monday night.
John Tolisano worked for a base on balls, scoring Koby Clemens, before a crowd of 2,457 at Binghamton.
Brian Jeroloman singled to lead off the seventh, and Clemens followed with a double against Mets starter Darin Gorski (8-7), who allowed two earned runs on four hits.
Brad McElroy drew a walk, and Ryan Goins reached on a fielder's choice before a patient Tolisano drew a bases-loaded walk for the 3-2 lead.
In the fourth, Brad Glenn (2-for-4) singled and Brian Van Kirk doubled during a two-run rally for last-place New Hampshire (54-74), which swept Altoona before heading to Binghamton (61-67) for a three-game series.
The Mets answered with a run against starter Sean Nolin and later tied the game with a run against reliever Marcus Stroman (2-0), who pitched the sixth inning and earned the win.
John Stilson worked two scoreless frames, and Trystan Magnuson pitched the ninth for his third save of the year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox outlast Twins, lengthy rain delay - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- Sox edge Twins in 10, 3-2 - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Bard tough to watch, tough to root against - 0
- Red Sox catch Rays in ninth - 0
- Drew, Red Sox pound Rays - 0
- Moore survives Ortiz HR, hurls Rays past Red Sox - 0
- Blue Jays homers hammer Red Sox - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: This is Lester's team now - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs