May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Grand jury indicts Manchester man on sexual assault charges
CONCORD —Longtime youth baseball coach Robert Joubert, 58, of Manchester, was indicted by the Merrimack County grand jury on five sexual assault charges involving two boys.
Four of the indictments involve one boy over a period between January 1995 and August 1997. Three of the indictments allege aggravated felonious sexual assault while the boy was under age 13 and one alleges sexual assault when the boy was between 13 and 16 years old, all of the alleged assaults occurring in Concord.
The fifth indictment, for aggravated felonious sexual assault, alleges a pattern of assault between May and September 2004 of a boy under the age of 13 in Concord and Pembroke.
Joubert was arrested in June while driving to Massachusetts. The investigation into Joubert’s alleged abuse began in March when police in York, Maine — where Joubert’s Seacoast Baseball Academy was based — received an email from a woman claiming to be the mother of an abuse victim.
She “referred to him as a ‘pedophile,’ who in New Hampshire, had a history of ‘police investigations and restraining orders in relation to young boys.’”
The affidavits released after Joubert’s arrest detail alleged abuses of several boys that started in 1984 and continued through at least 2004.
The affidavits detail interviews officers with Concord police, the FBI and Hillsborough County Attorney’s Office conducted with several alleged victims, including one who told officers that Joubert abused him twice, once in 1984 and again in 1986, both times in Weare when he was 9 and 11 years old.
The indictments address only alleged behavior involving two boys between 1995 and 2004 in Concord and Pembroke.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424