Legion commends student for fundraising efforts
The award was the result of Jordan's senior project at school, where she raised $1483.66 from a Combat Boot Drive in September. She presented a check to Commander Maynard for the American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund.
Jordan is the daughter of John Neylon Jr. of Laconia, who is the detachment adjutant for the New Hampshire Sons of the American Legion and granddaughter of John Neylon Sr., from Twin Mountain, the National Vice Commander of The American Legion. Jordan attended Girls State at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge last summer, where she was awarded the Eli A. Marcoux Leadership Award for her outstanding effort.
At school, she has played on the basketball team for four years, and was team captain this year; ran track in her junior and senior years, and is a member of the National Honor Society. She will enter Johnson & Wales University in Providence, R.I., to major in event and sports management.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Conway juggles a hot potato after town budget-cap amendment - 0
- Fire station improvements among top Goffstown issues - 0
- Decision day in Hooksett on move to Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Goshen voters decide to end district ties with Lempster - 0
- Whitefield considers expanding the Career and Technical Center - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus