New Hampshire Veterans Briefs
GOFFSTOWN - The American Legion High School Oratorical Finals for New Hampshire will be held Saturday, Feb. 16, at 9 a.m. at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College.
Contestants from the eight districts will compete for prizes and the chance to represent New Hampshire in April at the national level at the National American Legion Headquarters in Indianapolis. The grand prize for the best presentation nationally is $20,000.
For information, please contact Rich Dahlgren, public relations chairman, at 456-2882 or 748-0876 or by email at email@example.com.
Sweeney Post notes on dance, meetings
MANCHESTER - The Valentine Day dinner/dance that was canceled due to last weekend's storm has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 16.
The roast pork dinner will be served at 6 p.m. followed by an evening of dancing to the Bert Scott Band until 11 p.m. This annual event is once again a sellout.
The usual Saturday night dance will resume on Feb. 23 23 from 7:30 to 11 p.m. with music provided by the Fred Manzi Trio.
Upcoming meetings include the Sons of the American Legion Post 2 Squadron on Monday, Feb. 18 at 6:30 p.m. followed by the Ladies Auxiliary session on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 8 p.m.
The annual general meeting to nominate the officers of the state's largest veterans organization will be held Tuesday, Feb. 26. Do not miss this opportunity to make your voice heard and/or choose to participate yourselves.
The meeting starts at 7 p.m. sharp. Further information on any of these programs is available at 623-9145 or sweeneypost.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Help sought to place cemetery wreaths - 0
- Mason man pens book on veterans - 0
- Non-profit receives grant to get veterans on the move - 0
- Housing vouchers are available for veterans - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize veteran - 0
- Students, veterans will be recognized for making state tree decorations - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Sweeney Post events - 0
- Commentary- Mary Tamposi: Let's bring an end to homelessness among veterans - 0
- Veterans help build Nashua Habitat home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 23
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 7
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings