New Hampshire Veterans Briefs
GOFFSTOWN - The American Legion High School Oratorical Finals for New Hampshire will be held Saturday, Feb. 16, at 9 a.m. at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College.
Contestants from the eight districts will compete for prizes and the chance to represent New Hampshire in April at the national level at the National American Legion Headquarters in Indianapolis. The grand prize for the best presentation nationally is $20,000.
For information, please contact Rich Dahlgren, public relations chairman, at 456-2882 or 748-0876 or by email at email@example.com.
Sweeney Post notes on dance, meetings
MANCHESTER - The Valentine Day dinner/dance that was canceled due to last weekend's storm has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 16.
The roast pork dinner will be served at 6 p.m. followed by an evening of dancing to the Bert Scott Band until 11 p.m. This annual event is once again a sellout.
The usual Saturday night dance will resume on Feb. 23 23 from 7:30 to 11 p.m. with music provided by the Fred Manzi Trio.
Upcoming meetings include the Sons of the American Legion Post 2 Squadron on Monday, Feb. 18 at 6:30 p.m. followed by the Ladies Auxiliary session on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 8 p.m.
The annual general meeting to nominate the officers of the state's largest veterans organization will be held Tuesday, Feb. 26. Do not miss this opportunity to make your voice heard and/or choose to participate yourselves.
The meeting starts at 7 p.m. sharp. Further information on any of these programs is available at 623-9145 or sweeneypost.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: Stepping into a basket of snakes - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Earth-friendly energy is anything but - 4
- George Will: Battle royal in Iowa - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Our real Syria strategy: containment-plus - 0
- Roger Simon: Do 'real men' hit women? - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: America's interests come before party or President - 27
- John Stossel: We have two anti-choice parties in America - 1
- Another View -- Andres Martinez: How our imperial tax code encourages inversions - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- Manchester man arrested in Holiday Inn Express robbery - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 7
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 4
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 2
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 11
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance