Veterans news in brief
MANCHESTER - Post 79's Sons of the American Legion will hold a meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday at the post, 35 W. Brook St. For information, call the canteen at 623-9218.
From 8 p.m. to midnight will be karaoke night with Dennis Cousins. It will be potluck.
Monday's cribbage night starts at 6:30 p.m. The entry fee is $5.
Korean War vets trying to organize Manchester chapter
MANCHESTER - The Korean War Veterans Association of New Hampshire is in the process of forming a local chapter in the greater Manchester vicinity and would like to hear from interested veterans of all military service branches, male and female, who served during the "police action" era.
Sometimes referred to as the "Forgotten War,"this July will mark the 60th anniversary of the cessation of hostilities during which time more than 50,000 died and many thousands more were wounded or reported missing.
Membership is open to all who served during the actual war time frame beginning June 25,1950, through January 31,1955, (noncombat as well as combat) and any who served in Korea from the Sept. 3,1945, to June 25,1950, period.
For information, contact Al Heidenreich at 623-8960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 17
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 20
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Boston voters OK AREA agreement - 0
- Berlin-Gorham wins a thriller in NHIAA girls' hockey semi - 0
- Pacers end Celtics’ two-game win streak - 0
- Hanover too much for Bishop Guertin in girls hockey semi - 0
- Sunapee voters approve budget, Gottling defeats Augustine for selectman - 0
- Milford incumbents win major races - 0
- Hollis runs out of electronic ballots - 0
- District 1 Executive Council race is a close one - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'