SAU 19 superintendent accepts Newfound post
Buckley, a former Laconia resident, said the move to a smaller school district will bring her back to her roots, and will allow her to have more hands-on leadership.
Buckley was director of student services at the Shaker Regional School District before her eight-year stint as superintendent of the Goffstown School District.
Newfound Area School District officials made the offer at their School Board meeting Monday, March 11.
At that meeting, in public session, the board did vote to hire Stacy Buckley,? said Dr. Phil McCormack, Newfound?s Interim Superintendent.
McCormack said the offer is contingent upon successful contract negotiations.
?I have thoroughly enjoyed my eight years at SAU 19,? Buckley said. ?Over the next four months, we?ll continue to grow our district and move forward with our goals.?
Buckley said the district will be busy working with the results of the study of Mountain View Middle School, possible building projects and other end-of-the-year staffing issues.
Keith Allard, chairman of the SAU 19 board, said he has mixed emotions about Buckley?s departure.
?Stacy has become an integral part of our community and will be missed dearly,? Allard said. ?However, I believe that the new position will be a good fit for her and allow her to achieve her professional goals.?
Allard said Buckley has not yet tendered her resignation, as she has not yet signed an agreement with Newfound.
Buckley will replace former Newfound Area district superintendent Dr. Marie Ross, who died of cancer in January.
The Newfound Area School district includes the communities of Alexandria, Bridgewater, Bristol, Danbury, Groton, Hebron and New Hampton.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'