New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief
LONDONDERRY - On March 25, Post 27 will be running bingo for patients at the VA Hospital in Manchester from 7-8:30 p.m. Donations are appreciated or feel free to stop by and help us out. Pizza and diet soda will be served; $250 in prize money will be provided.
On March 29, Karaoke with DJ Sharon will take place from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
The monthly general meeting is April 8 at 7:30 p.m. During this meeting, the officers of the 2013 Executive Board will be installed.
Post 27 is actively seeking new members with the appropriate military service dates as well as those who are descendants of veterans.
While Post 27 is a non-smoking facility, the Post offers an enclosed heated smoking area with TV.
American Legion Post 27 is at 6 Sargent Road in Londonderry (behind the main fire station on Mammoth Road). For more information, go to alpost27.com.
Italian benefit dinner set for April 5
PELHAM - VFW Post 10722 and Ladies Auxiliary is hosting an Italian themed dinner by candlelight on April 5 at 5:30 p.m.
Homemade lasagnas, baked ziti, chicken and broccoli, spaghetti, meatballs, soda, coffee tea, desserts and more will be served.
The public is invited. Admission is $8 per adult; $5 for kids younger than 12. Door prizes, 59/50 raffle and prize for best dressed to the theme. All proceeds benefit veterans programs.
The VFW Post is at 6 Main St., in Pelham. For more information, go to pelhamweb.org/vfw.
Legion hosts Spring Fling Craft Fair
WOLFEBORO - The Spring Fling Craft Fair, open to the public, will be Saturday, May 4, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Harriman-Hale American Legion Hall, 142 Center St., Wolfeboro.
This is an indoor fair held rain or shine, featuring many hand-made items to satisfy many gift giving needs such as Mother's Day, showers, graduations, etc. Farm products such as maple syrup, jams, jellies, cheese, salsa, dips, plants welcome.
Plenty of free parking is available near the building. The ever-popular raffle table will once again feature items donated by the crafters. Auxiliary made craft items will also be available for purchase.
The American Legion Auxiliary is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help the needs of veterans including soldiers currently serving, their families and the community.
Some of the activities the proceeds of this fair will support are coupon clipping for military commissaries, donations for shipment of care packages for the troops through MooreMart, donations to Liberty House, NH Veterans Home Resident Benefit Fund, Life Ministries Food Pantry, Benson Community Thanksgiving Dinner, Wright Museum Festival of Trees, sponsoring a candidate to attend Girls State and donation to place wreaths at the Veterans Cemetery in Boscawen.
For more information, call 569-4296.
Manchester Post 79 happenings
MANCHESTER - American Legion Post 79 is hosting Karaoke on Friday, March 15, from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. with Manny and Saturday, March 16, with Tammi from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
The Post is also holding a St. Patrick's Day dinner on Sunday, March 17, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The corned beef dinner is $10.
The Post is at 35 W. Brook St.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Central buddies play on - 1
- DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire - 6
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Negroni family lays claim to namesake cocktail - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: West Side neighborhood loses trees and backyard privacy for the summer - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Southside Middle School, where nary a gripe will be heard - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Take a walk through Manchester's history - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Building owner says it's not easy being a landlord - 2
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: 50 years later, a constant ringing - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: It's a show, it's a sport, and it's tough - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH