Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
After court session Monday, Manchester man comes back for charge
Juan Rivera Ortiz, 29, of 421 Manchester St., had failed to appear in court Dec. 13, 2011, for deferred sentence hearings on simple assault and criminal trespass convictions involving the same woman as the stalking charges.
Bail had been set at $50,000 cash/surety Monday, so bail on the deferred sentence hearing issue was set at $500 cash.
The deferred sentence hearings were reset for April 23, the same day as Rivera Ortiz's trial on the drug possession charge.
Alleged ring stealer
An Allenstown woman was arraigned Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a felony charge of receiving stolen property and a misdemeanor of theft by deception.
Ashley Martel, 24, of 35 Fullam Circle, could enter no plea to the felony charge that alleges she had in her possession a gold and diamond ring that she knew was stolen.
She pleaded innocent to the theft by deception charge that alleges she sold the stolen ring, valued at $3,800, to Cash for Gold, 8 Gabrielle St., for $100.
Court documents show police were able to view a photo of Martel and her boyfriend when she sold it. Under the city pawnshop ordinance that went into effect last year, buyers must upload a digital photo of the item and the seller to LeadsOnline within a day and must hold the item for 30 days before selling it.
The documents show the item was sold to the store Dec. 27, but when police checked more than 30 days later, the ring was gone.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for April 3 and trial on the misdemeanor was set for April 25. Bail was set at $500 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 5
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483