Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
After court session Monday, Manchester man comes back for charge
Juan Rivera Ortiz, 29, of 421 Manchester St., had failed to appear in court Dec. 13, 2011, for deferred sentence hearings on simple assault and criminal trespass convictions involving the same woman as the stalking charges.
Bail had been set at $50,000 cash/surety Monday, so bail on the deferred sentence hearing issue was set at $500 cash.
The deferred sentence hearings were reset for April 23, the same day as Rivera Ortiz's trial on the drug possession charge.
Alleged ring stealer
An Allenstown woman was arraigned Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a felony charge of receiving stolen property and a misdemeanor of theft by deception.
Ashley Martel, 24, of 35 Fullam Circle, could enter no plea to the felony charge that alleges she had in her possession a gold and diamond ring that she knew was stolen.
She pleaded innocent to the theft by deception charge that alleges she sold the stolen ring, valued at $3,800, to Cash for Gold, 8 Gabrielle St., for $100.
Court documents show police were able to view a photo of Martel and her boyfriend when she sold it. Under the city pawnshop ordinance that went into effect last year, buyers must upload a digital photo of the item and the seller to LeadsOnline within a day and must hold the item for 30 days before selling it.
The documents show the item was sold to the store Dec. 27, but when police checked more than 30 days later, the ring was gone.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for April 3 and trial on the misdemeanor was set for April 25. Bail was set at $500 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 30
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 1
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424