Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man charged with pot sales in Meredith
Acting on a tip from a delivery company, Meredith police arrested Tuan Ngoc Le, 48, of Worcester, Mass., for possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell after a delivery truck dropped packages containing 25 pounds of marijuana at a house on Ladd Street.
Le was arrested at 12:16 p.m. by town police. He was arraigned on the charge Friday and was held at the Belknap County Jail on $50,000 cash bail until a hearing is set up on the charge, county officials said.
"The judge was very careful about releasing him - 25 pounds of marijuana is a lot," said police Sgt. Mike Harper.
Police have determined that Le was conducting a marijuana-selling operation out of a rented home at 5 Lower Ladd Hill Road.
"The operation went all the way back to his source in California," Harper said. "By the looks of it, he was renting the home in Meredith and then staying there a week at a time."
After police received the tip, members of the police department took over the delivery, disguising themselves. When Le accepted the packages, he was arrested, Harper said. Thousands of dollars in cash was also seized at the home, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?