Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Man charged with pot sales in Meredith
Acting on a tip from a delivery company, Meredith police arrested Tuan Ngoc Le, 48, of Worcester, Mass., for possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell after a delivery truck dropped packages containing 25 pounds of marijuana at a house on Ladd Street.
Le was arrested at 12:16 p.m. by town police. He was arraigned on the charge Friday and was held at the Belknap County Jail on $50,000 cash bail until a hearing is set up on the charge, county officials said.
"The judge was very careful about releasing him - 25 pounds of marijuana is a lot," said police Sgt. Mike Harper.
Police have determined that Le was conducting a marijuana-selling operation out of a rented home at 5 Lower Ladd Hill Road.
"The operation went all the way back to his source in California," Harper said. "By the looks of it, he was renting the home in Meredith and then staying there a week at a time."
After police received the tip, members of the police department took over the delivery, disguising themselves. When Le accepted the packages, he was arrested, Harper said. Thousands of dollars in cash was also seized at the home, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Fingerprints of man accused of theft belong to 2 people - 0
- Lookout man in Bedford home invasion case pleads guilty - 0
- Hearing postponed for suspended fire official - 0
- Confessed serial burglar facing new charges - 0
- Former Litchfield parochial school principal to plead guilty to embezzlement - 0
- Dover man faces manufacturing child porn charges after sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar - 2
- Ebola, health care among issues that split Guinta, Shea-Porter - 0
- Governor names 5 to presidential primary anniversary commission - 0
- Stocks extend rebound on earnings - 0
- Patriots acquire linebacker Ayers - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer: Bedford girls win, clinch No. 2 seed - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Derryfield falls short in OT - 0
- 5 to vie for High Tech Council's Product of Year - 0
- Ebola galvanizes workers battling to join unions - 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar