Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault, girlfriend charged with stalking
Thomas Robert Mullen, 52, of 348 Spruce St., pleaded innocent to punching Melissa McCarthy in the face and to tell a neighbor who let McCarthy in that he would come back and rape her. He also pleaded innocent to the possession of a controlled drug charge.
Bail was set at $3,000 personal recognizance for Mullen and trial was set for April 23.
McCarthy, 39, whose bail conditions on a February criminal threatening charge involving Mullen barred her from the Spruce Street address, was charged with stalking and violation of bail conditions.
A hearing on the bail revocation motion was set for Friday, but McCarthy's parole officer put a 72-hour hold on her.
A status hearing on the new charge was set for community connections court April 9.
Less than a year later
Charles McNeil, 49, of 103 Chester St., was arraigned Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on charges of driving while intoxicated and driving after suspension for DWI.
According to court documents, Catholic Medical Center personnel called police because they believed McNeil was impaired and was trying to drive his vehicle.
When police arrived and spoke to McNeil in the CMC parking lot, they detected a strong odor of alcohol and saw a can of beer in the center console. Police said McNeil said he'd had four or five beers, but thought he could still drive to his residence.
Court documents show McNeil failed a field sobriety test and was arrested, but refused a breath test at the police department.
McNeil was convicted of DWI in Circuit Court April 3, 2012.
Bail was set at $1,000 cash/surety with conditions that include no use of alcohol. Trial was set for April 25.
Accused of stalking
Paul Rutherford, 46, of 192 Central St., pleaded innocent Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a stalking charge that alleges he went to the Grove Street residence of his girlfriend, knocked on the door and asked to speak to her, which was prohibited by bail conditions on a previous charge.
Because he allegedly violated bail conditions set March 14, police prosecutors filed a motion to revoke his bail on the prior charge and a hearing was set for Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483