Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault, girlfriend charged with stalking
Thomas Robert Mullen, 52, of 348 Spruce St., pleaded innocent to punching Melissa McCarthy in the face and to tell a neighbor who let McCarthy in that he would come back and rape her. He also pleaded innocent to the possession of a controlled drug charge.
Bail was set at $3,000 personal recognizance for Mullen and trial was set for April 23.
McCarthy, 39, whose bail conditions on a February criminal threatening charge involving Mullen barred her from the Spruce Street address, was charged with stalking and violation of bail conditions.
A hearing on the bail revocation motion was set for Friday, but McCarthy's parole officer put a 72-hour hold on her.
A status hearing on the new charge was set for community connections court April 9.
Less than a year later
Charles McNeil, 49, of 103 Chester St., was arraigned Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on charges of driving while intoxicated and driving after suspension for DWI.
According to court documents, Catholic Medical Center personnel called police because they believed McNeil was impaired and was trying to drive his vehicle.
When police arrived and spoke to McNeil in the CMC parking lot, they detected a strong odor of alcohol and saw a can of beer in the center console. Police said McNeil said he'd had four or five beers, but thought he could still drive to his residence.
Court documents show McNeil failed a field sobriety test and was arrested, but refused a breath test at the police department.
McNeil was convicted of DWI in Circuit Court April 3, 2012.
Bail was set at $1,000 cash/surety with conditions that include no use of alcohol. Trial was set for April 25.
Accused of stalking
Paul Rutherford, 46, of 192 Central St., pleaded innocent Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a stalking charge that alleges he went to the Grove Street residence of his girlfriend, knocked on the door and asked to speak to her, which was prohibited by bail conditions on a previous charge.
Because he allegedly violated bail conditions set March 14, police prosecutors filed a motion to revoke his bail on the prior charge and a hearing was set for Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of mother, son found in Amherst home in apparent murder-suicide - 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 6
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 1
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 2
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917