Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Man to plead guilty to charges he lived under Salem home, video recorded woman for two days
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass. filed an intent to plead guilty to charges that he secretly recorded a woman in her bathroom while living under her trailer for two days. (COURTESY)
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass., filed his intention to plead guilty during a brief court hearing on Friday just before he was set to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Hobbs was indicted in November on 10 charges including burglary, violation of privacy and attempted interception of telecommunications or oral communications prohibited.
Terms of the plea deal have not yet been made public. Hobbs is expected back in court on May 24 for a plea-and-sentencing hearing.
Hobbs, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail, told police that he had been living under the trailer for two days prior to getting caught on Aug. 15.
Hobbs lived in the Salem trailer before moving to Massachusetts, according to police.
Prosecutors say Hobbs sold the trailer to his victim about two years ago. He returned in July to do some repairs when he allegedly set two baby monitors inside the home. One was in the bedroom, the other in a dryer duct.
About a month later, Hobbs allegedly set up camp under the trailer near a bathroom air duct, bringing with him food, beverages and tissues – observing and recording the woman when she was in the bathroom, police said.
At one point, the woman spotted some movement and discovered Hobbs staring up at her through the air vent. Police say Hobbs responded by saying "Hello."
The woman called 911 and responding police found Hobbs walking south on Route 28.
Hobbs allegedly admitted he was under the trailer. Investigating officers found that 16 videos had been recorded of the woman.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Fingerprints of man accused of theft belong to 2 people - 0
- Lookout man in Bedford home invasion case pleads guilty - 0
- Hearing postponed for suspended fire official - 0
- Confessed serial burglar facing new charges - 0
- Former Litchfield parochial school principal to plead guilty to embezzlement - 0
- Dover man faces manufacturing child porn charges after sex assault case - 0
- Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy court - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 9
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 0
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
- Giants' blueprint? There is none - 0
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 11
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 11
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar