Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man to plead guilty to charges he lived under Salem home, video recorded woman for two days
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass. filed an intent to plead guilty to charges that he secretly recorded a woman in her bathroom while living under her trailer for two days. (COURTESY)
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass., filed his intention to plead guilty during a brief court hearing on Friday just before he was set to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Hobbs was indicted in November on 10 charges including burglary, violation of privacy and attempted interception of telecommunications or oral communications prohibited.
Terms of the plea deal have not yet been made public. Hobbs is expected back in court on May 24 for a plea-and-sentencing hearing.
Hobbs, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail, told police that he had been living under the trailer for two days prior to getting caught on Aug. 15.
Hobbs lived in the Salem trailer before moving to Massachusetts, according to police.
Prosecutors say Hobbs sold the trailer to his victim about two years ago. He returned in July to do some repairs when he allegedly set two baby monitors inside the home. One was in the bedroom, the other in a dryer duct.
About a month later, Hobbs allegedly set up camp under the trailer near a bathroom air duct, bringing with him food, beverages and tissues – observing and recording the woman when she was in the bathroom, police said.
At one point, the woman spotted some movement and discovered Hobbs staring up at her through the air vent. Police say Hobbs responded by saying "Hello."
The woman called 911 and responding police found Hobbs walking south on Route 28.
Hobbs allegedly admitted he was under the trailer. Investigating officers found that 16 videos had been recorded of the woman.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
- Mass. man charged with kidnapping - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival issues to get full airing Tuesday - 1
- Driver charged after man falls off car’s hood - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 8
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483