Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Exeter school party leads to arrests
Ryan Sullivan, 17, of Hampton and Meghan LaPierre, 17, of East Kingston were each charged with possession of alcohol by a minor, police Sgt. Peter Tilton said. He said five other students were also involved in the incident.
"I do anticipate more arrests being made at a later time," Tilton said. He said not all of the students were from Exeter High.
Morgan said one girl was taken to Exeter Hospital because of the incident, which he said involved alcohol and "possible drug use."
"I would suspect it was either (alcohol or drugs) or both" that the girl used, Morgan said.
Morgan didn't know how many students attended Friday night's "March Madness" dance, but he said Principal Sean Kiley, who is in his first year as principal, shut down the dance about 8:30 p.m. when the behavior involving alcohol was discovered. The dance was scheduled to run from 7 to 10 p.m.
Aside from the alleged drinking, it was "a pretty typical dance," he said. "I would say this is certainly an isolated incident."
All future dances, except for the junior and senior proms, have been canceled indefinitely, Morgan said.
Morgan said parents of the students involved have been notified. He said there were no reports of violent behavior.
Sullivan and LaPierre are scheduled to appear May 6 in Brentwood District Court, Tilton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424