Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Londonderry man charged with ax attack on uncle
Aaron McDermott, 33, faces charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening with a deadly weapon, criminal trespassing, possession of controlled drugs and three counts of obstructing a report of a crime or injury.
Police arrested McDermott Wednesday afternoon after responding to a 911 call from his uncle, Marc Vitti.
According to Police Lt. Tim Jones, Vitti claimed McDermott struck him in the back and elbow with an ax during an altercation at their Boston Avenue home.
Jones said Vitti's injuries weren't serious and he wasn't hospitalized following the incident.
Shortly after 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Officer Narcisco Garcia responded to Vitti's call for help after the victim reportedly made several earlier attempts to dial 911, which were allegedly blocked by McDermott.
Police arrested McDermott at the scene, where they discovered drugs believed to be heroin on the premises.
McDermott was being held at Rockingham County Jail on $50,000 cash bail and will appear in the Derry District Court Monday morning for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917