Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Thompson hurls Franklin Pierce to win
Calvin Graves collected three hits while freshman Rich Patrizio and freshman Justin Brock went a combined four-for-nine with four runs scored and three runs batted in. With the sweep, Franklin Pierce improves to 13-9.
Le Moyne 2, SNHU 1: Nate Reynolds hit a walk-off homer to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning in Rindge yesterday.
The Penmen's eight-game win streak was snapped, leaving them 16-4 overall, 2-1 in the Northeast-10. The Penmen scored their lone run on Andrew Pezzuto's RBI single. Jon Massad went the distance for SNHU, allowing seven hits and no walks while fanning nine.
Southern Conn. State 4-4, St. Anselm 0-3: In New Haven, Conn., the Hawks fell to 3-11 overall and 1-3 in Northeast-10 play. Rochester's Paige Cormier was the hard-luck loser for the Hawks in the nightcap, going the distance and striking out four.
Florida Atlantic 2, Dartmouth 1 (9 inns.): The Big Green dropped a nine-inning affair in Boca Raton, Fla. Dartmouth took a 1-0 lead in the top of the eighth. Katie McEachern singled home Kara Curosh in the eighth inning for Dartmouth (10-10).
SNHU 8, New Haven 1: Every Penmen singles' play won in straight sets as the team improved to 10-6 overall and 7-0 in NE-10 play.
Albany 11, UNH 6: The Wildcats dropped to 2-6 overall, 0-1 in America East, with the road loss. North Hampton's Molly Gaffey was among the Wildcat goal scorers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list