Home » News » Public Safety
7-year-old cyclist injured after being struck by car
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 4:13 p.m. to the home on Gagne Street, which is near River Street, after a 2005 Honda Accord driven by Cynthia Lewis, 54, of 7a Gagne St. struck the boy who was riding his bike across the end of the driveway.
"A woman was backing up into a driveway when she saw a flash of light," Fire Capt. Mark Avery said, adding the boy was not wearing any protective equipment, such as a helmet or reflective clothing.
Avery said paramedics transported the boy to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
Sgt. Patrick Emerson said the boy was not riding his bike with a parent or sibling. He was counseled about the proper place to ride his bicycle.
"The proper place for a bicycle would be on the roadway as far to the edge as possible given the circumstances and riding with the flow of traffic," Emerson said.
No charges are forthcoming and the investigation is complete, according to Emerson.
Police encourage all bicyclists to wear helmets and to obey all applicable laws pertaining to the operation of bicycles on the roadway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test