Home » News » Public Safety
7-year-old cyclist injured after being struck by car
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 4:13 p.m. to the home on Gagne Street, which is near River Street, after a 2005 Honda Accord driven by Cynthia Lewis, 54, of 7a Gagne St. struck the boy who was riding his bike across the end of the driveway.
"A woman was backing up into a driveway when she saw a flash of light," Fire Capt. Mark Avery said, adding the boy was not wearing any protective equipment, such as a helmet or reflective clothing.
Avery said paramedics transported the boy to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
Sgt. Patrick Emerson said the boy was not riding his bike with a parent or sibling. He was counseled about the proper place to ride his bicycle.
"The proper place for a bicycle would be on the roadway as far to the edge as possible given the circumstances and riding with the flow of traffic," Emerson said.
No charges are forthcoming and the investigation is complete, according to Emerson.
Police encourage all bicyclists to wear helmets and to obey all applicable laws pertaining to the operation of bicycles on the roadway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing