Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Franklin motorcyclist charged after chase ends in Tilton crash
Keith McLeod, 32, of 173 West Bow St., is facing "several motor vehicle charges" after the incident at 9:55 p.m. on Laconia Road near an Irving station, according to Police Chief Robert Cormier.
Among the charges he will face are disobeying a police officer and reckless operation, Cormier said.
Police are investigating whether alcohol played a role in McLeod's actions.
The accident occurred after police observed a motorcycle driver operating erratically, Cormier said.
The driver was weaving in and out of lanes, he said, and failed to stop for a traffic signal while he was traveling westbound.
He then went the wrong way on the eastbound side of the road by the Tilt'n Diner at the intersection of Laconia Road and Route 140, he said. As officers tried to stop the driver he sped up and lost control approaching the intersection.
After the crash, the driver got up and started running into a wooded area adjacent to the intersection, but was quickly caught and arrested, Cormier said.
McLeod was taken by ambulance to Concord Hospital for injuries he sustained during the accident, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424