Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Franklin motorcyclist charged after chase ends in Tilton crash
The motorcycle allegedly driven by a Franklin man after an accident in Tilton Friday night. (COURTESY)
Keith McLeod, 32, of 173 West Bow St., is facing "several motor vehicle charges" after the incident at 9:55 p.m. on Laconia Road near an Irving station, according to Police Chief Robert Cormier.
Among the charges he will face are disobeying a police officer and reckless operation, Cormier said.
Police are investigating whether alcohol played a role in McLeod's actions.
The accident occurred after police observed a motorcycle driver operating erratically, Cormier said.
The driver was weaving in and out of lanes, he said, and failed to stop for a traffic signal while he was traveling westbound.
He then went the wrong way on the eastbound side of the road by the Tilt'n Diner at the intersection of Laconia Road and Route 140, he said. As officers tried to stop the driver he sped up and lost control approaching the intersection.
After the crash, the driver got up and started running into a wooded area adjacent to the intersection, but was quickly caught and arrested, Cormier said.
McLeod was taken by ambulance to Concord Hospital for injuries he sustained during the accident, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 8
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483