Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Franklin motorcyclist charged after chase ends in Tilton crash
The motorcycle allegedly driven by a Franklin man after an accident in Tilton Friday night. (COURTESY)
Keith McLeod, 32, of 173 West Bow St., is facing "several motor vehicle charges" after the incident at 9:55 p.m. on Laconia Road near an Irving station, according to Police Chief Robert Cormier.
Among the charges he will face are disobeying a police officer and reckless operation, Cormier said.
Police are investigating whether alcohol played a role in McLeod's actions.
The accident occurred after police observed a motorcycle driver operating erratically, Cormier said.
The driver was weaving in and out of lanes, he said, and failed to stop for a traffic signal while he was traveling westbound.
He then went the wrong way on the eastbound side of the road by the Tilt'n Diner at the intersection of Laconia Road and Route 140, he said. As officers tried to stop the driver he sped up and lost control approaching the intersection.
After the crash, the driver got up and started running into a wooded area adjacent to the intersection, but was quickly caught and arrested, Cormier said.
McLeod was taken by ambulance to Concord Hospital for injuries he sustained during the accident, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Little League speakers stolen from Precourt Park - 0
- Ex-Fortune 500 executive now facing assault charge in addition to murder counts - 0
- Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison - 0
- Prosecutors to ask 4 years in prison for former Manchester diocese official - 0
- Stolen scratch tickets lead police to Portsmouth suspect - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs find a home away from home - 0
- Fish & Game Club planning ahead for fireworks event - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917