Home » News » Public Safety
Jackson cottage damaged by fire, owner and dog uninjured
According to Captain Anthony Giovanni of the Jackson Fire Department, Joyce Bilger's smoke alarm woke her up around 6 a.m. on Friday, at which point she let her dog out and called for help.
Giovanni said he was the first to get to the house and by then the right-side of the building was fully involved.
Joyce and Don Bilger own Whitney's Inn, which is directly across from the cottage. The cottage is accessed by footbridge over Great Brook and once served as a gift shop. The Bilgers also own the Inn at Jackson.
The scene was cleared sometime after 10 a.m. The fire departments from Bartlett, North Conway, and Redstone assisted the Jackson department. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police warn of holiday pitfalls - 0
- Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire - 0
- Dover enacts emergency parking ban for Friday - 0
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072