Home » News » Public Safety
Jackson cottage damaged by fire, owner and dog uninjured
According to Captain Anthony Giovanni of the Jackson Fire Department, Joyce Bilger's smoke alarm woke her up around 6 a.m. on Friday, at which point she let her dog out and called for help.
Giovanni said he was the first to get to the house and by then the right-side of the building was fully involved.
Joyce and Don Bilger own Whitney's Inn, which is directly across from the cottage. The cottage is accessed by footbridge over Great Brook and once served as a gift shop. The Bilgers also own the Inn at Jackson.
The scene was cleared sometime after 10 a.m. The fire departments from Bartlett, North Conway, and Redstone assisted the Jackson department. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth