Home » News » Public Safety
Jackson cottage damaged by fire, owner and dog uninjured
According to Captain Anthony Giovanni of the Jackson Fire Department, Joyce Bilger's smoke alarm woke her up around 6 a.m. on Friday, at which point she let her dog out and called for help.
Giovanni said he was the first to get to the house and by then the right-side of the building was fully involved.
Joyce and Don Bilger own Whitney's Inn, which is directly across from the cottage. The cottage is accessed by footbridge over Great Brook and once served as a gift shop. The Bilgers also own the Inn at Jackson.
The scene was cleared sometime after 10 a.m. The fire departments from Bartlett, North Conway, and Redstone assisted the Jackson department. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072