Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins shut out Buffalo
After 52-plus minutes of scoreless play, Krejci broke the deadlock on a rebound in front of the Buffalo net. Horton skated hard toward the net and, after his backhand shot was stopped by Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller, Krejci put the loose puck into the open net to finally get the Bruins on the board.
Krejci also set up Horton's goal three minutes later. The forward raced up the left side of the ice and found Horton camped in front of the Buffalo net for an easy tap-in - his 11th goal of the season.
Bruins goalie Anton Khudobin picked up his second career shutout, making 26 saves. Boston improved to 22-8-4.
The Sabres (13-17-6) had several chances in the Boston end but were unable to get any pucks past Khudobin. Buffalo's struggles on the power play continued against the Bruins, with the Sabres going 0-for-4 with the extra man. Heading into the game, the Sabres were 27th in the league at just 13.5 percent on the power play.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
- Young teacher puts education in motion - 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 2
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice