Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins shut out Buffalo
After 52-plus minutes of scoreless play, Krejci broke the deadlock on a rebound in front of the Buffalo net. Horton skated hard toward the net and, after his backhand shot was stopped by Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller, Krejci put the loose puck into the open net to finally get the Bruins on the board.
Krejci also set up Horton's goal three minutes later. The forward raced up the left side of the ice and found Horton camped in front of the Buffalo net for an easy tap-in - his 11th goal of the season.
Bruins goalie Anton Khudobin picked up his second career shutout, making 26 saves. Boston improved to 22-8-4.
The Sabres (13-17-6) had several chances in the Boston end but were unable to get any pucks past Khudobin. Buffalo's struggles on the power play continued against the Bruins, with the Sabres going 0-for-4 with the extra man. Heading into the game, the Sabres were 27th in the league at just 13.5 percent on the power play.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 83
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans