Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Grafton man shot by police had been sought since 2011
Larry A. Bohannon, 51, of Grafton received two concurrent 20-year sentences in 1994 for a kidnapping conviction in Sullivan County and bail-jumping conviction in Cheshire County, Department of Corrections spokesman Jeffrey J. Lyons said Monday.
"He still had an active warrant for being a fugitive from justice. We hadn't seen or heard from him since June 2011," Lyons said.
Bohannon and another man, David Ward, were charged with kidnapping Donald Coull of Claremont on Oct. 18 1993, "to recoup stolen property, reportedly a generator." Coull denied taking the generator. Coull told police he was lured into a pickup truck in Claremont, shackled and driven around for three hours before being released in Bellows Falls, Vt.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Janice Rundles said Saturday that Bohannon was involved in an armed robbery in Bellows Falls, Vt., on Friday in which he "was said to have worn a ski mask and carried a handgun."
Bohannon fled to New Hampshire, with officers from Walpole and Alstead pursuing his vehicle.
"At the end of the pursuit, shots were fired, and the suspect was killed at the scene," Rundles said.
She said she couldn't comment on whether Bohannon fired at police or whether authorities recovered a handgun. She said he failed to comply with orders from police.
Bohannon was first paroled in April 1996, then returned in October that year on a technical parole violation. He remained incarcerated until March 1997. Ten years later, in December 2007, he was arrested again on another technical parole violation; he remained in prison until June 2008. When he failed to meet with his parole officer a month later, a warrant for his arrest was issued on the charge of fugitive from justice.
On Friday, Bohannon died from gunshot wounds to the head, chest and abdomen, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 6
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483