Conference on Spirituality to be May 17
This year's topic is "The Fragile Pact: Couples in Treatment," and will feature two half-day sessions developed for two main audiences, psychotherapists and religious professionals.
Dr. Doug Stephens, a psychotherapist, will facilitate both sessions. Stephens serves as the training coordinator at Pastoral Counseling Services, Inc. and is executive director at the Adirondack Samaritan Counseling Center in Hudson Falls, N.Y.
From 8:45 a.m. to noon, psychotherapists can explore clinical models for couples in treatment and enhance their abilities to engage couples in conflict, including creating and sustaining interactional change.
Registration fees for the morning session are $65 and this course has a pending application for 3 Category I Continuing Education Units. A student rate is also available for $45.
From 1 to 4 p.m., religious professionals will focus on a pastoral model to engage couples and assess for referral. Objectives include differentiating between chronic issues and situation or short-term issues, conflict resolution skills, and developing strategies to express serious concerns while maintaining the pastoral connection.
Registration fees for the afternoon session are $35
Conference reservations can be made by completing registration form available on our website at www.pcs-nh.org or by contacting Lindsay Goff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 627-2702, ext. 110.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
- Hope Chapel Nashua plans a little fun on Saturday - 0
- Haitian choir sings in Hollis on Sunday - 0
- Religion Calender for the Weeks of Aug. 3 and 10 - 0
- St. James church celebrates Jonathan Daniels’ 75th birthday - 0
- Fox interview with Ibrahim delayed - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim welcomed to NH; family says U.S. is offering asylum - 11
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 26
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt