Conference on Spirituality to be May 17
This year's topic is "The Fragile Pact: Couples in Treatment," and will feature two half-day sessions developed for two main audiences, psychotherapists and religious professionals.
Dr. Doug Stephens, a psychotherapist, will facilitate both sessions. Stephens serves as the training coordinator at Pastoral Counseling Services, Inc. and is executive director at the Adirondack Samaritan Counseling Center in Hudson Falls, N.Y.
From 8:45 a.m. to noon, psychotherapists can explore clinical models for couples in treatment and enhance their abilities to engage couples in conflict, including creating and sustaining interactional change.
Registration fees for the morning session are $65 and this course has a pending application for 3 Category I Continuing Education Units. A student rate is also available for $45.
From 1 to 4 p.m., religious professionals will focus on a pastoral model to engage couples and assess for referral. Objectives include differentiating between chronic issues and situation or short-term issues, conflict resolution skills, and developing strategies to express serious concerns while maintaining the pastoral connection.
Registration fees for the afternoon session are $35
Conference reservations can be made by completing registration form available on our website at www.pcs-nh.org or by contacting Lindsay Goff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 627-2702, ext. 110.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466