St. Margaret's of Scotland Church in Conway to dedicate Korean War Memorial
The memorial is a specially constructed case containing a Bronze Star, Korean War Medal and United Nations Korean Service Medal given by the family of a Korean War veteran.
All veterans and the public are welcome.
In addition to remembering Korean War veterans, veterans who served will be remembered. Veterans groups are welcome to participate formally in the event.
The Korean War was a conflict between Communist and non-Communist forces in Korea from June 25, 1950, to July 27, 1953. An armistice agreement was signed on July 27, 1953.
Casualties in the war were heavy and U.S. losses were placed at more than 54,000 dead and 103,000 wounded, while Chinese and Korean casualties were considerably higher.
"We are honored to include this remembrance among our memorials at St. Margaret's" said the Rev. Jeffrey Monroe, parish rector. "The Korean War is sometimes overlooked but as recent events show, the area remains in conflict. We can never forget the sacrifice our veterans made in that war, and all others, for our freedom."
The church is located at 85 Pleasant St. The Rev. Jeffrey Monroe (capt., USMM) is rector, and the Rev. Harry E. Wellsman (USA-Ret.) is deacon.
Go to www.conwayanglicans.org for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
- The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission - 0
- Connecting trails: First OHRVs, now bikes - 0
- NFL Roundup: UNH product Corey Graham named a captain by Bills - 0
- Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
- Motorcyclist, passenger seriously hurt in Derry crash - 0
- I-93 driver clocked at 120 mph, charged with transporting drugs - 0
DWI License Revocations
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
Amnesty? Garcia is against it