Bishop Lobasci to honor state's health care workers
Joan P. Ouellette, a registered nurse from Hampton, will receive the St. Martin de Porres Award April 18.
Hampton registered nurse Joan P. Ouellette will be given the St. Martin de Porres Award at a reception immediately following the Mass.
The Catholic Healthcare Professionals in New Hampshire presents the award to a health care provider "who has exemplified the virtues of Catholic healthcare."
Ouellette was chosen as this year's award recipient for her long nursing career that included work at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, N.Y., nursing homes in Amesbury, Mass.. and Laurel, Md., as a home health nurse in Vermont and school nurse in Virginia.
Ouellette most recently worked at New Generation in Greenland, where she obtained grant money and developed the shelter's parenting education program.
Now retired from New Generation, Ouellette continues to volunteer through Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish in Hampton, where she collects Christmas gifts for women and babies at New Generation.
Her other volunteer activities include helping serve bereavement meals and making meals for the local soup kitchen.
The White Mass is a special event to bless health care professionals and "affirm the profound service they give to the sick according to the model of Jesus Christ."
It will be celebrated at 6 p.m. in the cathedral at the corner of Pine and Lowell streets.
The reception will be held at the New Hampshire Institute of Art.
Those interested in attending the reception should contact Beth Squeglia at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 81
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 5
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 1
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'