VAMC seeks donations, plans walk for homeless vets
In 2012, there were 623 homeless veterans throughout the state who received homeless services. This figure does not account for the unknown number of homeless veterans living in the woods or in substandard housing.
The Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program is reaching out to Granite Staters to help in raising awareness of the needs of homeless veterans. The program offers transitional and permanent housing to homeless veterans and their families as well as outreach and referral services.
The program seeks immediate donations of items veterans need. These include:
-- shampoo, soap and other hygiene items.
-- canned goods.
-- phone cards.
-- bus passes.
-- cleaning supplies.
-- paper goods such as toilet paper and paper towels.
Donations will go to various programs around the state that directly help veterans. These places include but are not limited to shelters, food pantries and other community organizations.
For additional information, please contact Lisa Jacobus at 624.4366, ext. 3622; or call 1-877-424-3838; or visit www.va.gov/homeless.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 29
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 30
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Parking lot for new Hudson football field due to be paved - 0
- ACLU files federal suit to stop NH's 'ballot selfie' publishing law - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 2
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 2
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters