Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Portsmouth bar charged in connection with patron's death
Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams and Portsmouth Police Chief Stephen DuBois held a press conference Tuesday to announce the charges.
The one felony complaint alleges that the bar's owners, New Adventure Entertainment LLC, doing business as The Page Bar and Restaurant, negligently allowed beverages to be consumed in an area not approved by the Liquor Commission, namely the dance floor of the Stadium Lounge.
The charge against the bar carries a $100,000 fine but no jail time, as it is against a corporation, not an individual.
Reams said had the bar been following the rules of their liquor license, the assault that resulted in the death of Joshua Krantz, 24, may never have happened.
Police allege that Zachary O'Neill, 24, attacked Krantz from behind on the dance floor around 12:30 a.m. on April 6 and struck him repeatedly in the head. O'Neil alleged that Krantz spilled a drink on him earlier in the night while on the dance floor.
Later that morning, Krantz was found dead in his Dover apartment by his roommates.
O'Neill is facing a felony degree assault charge at this time, because the state medical examiner has not yet ruled Krantz's manner of death as a homicide.
The investigation to date has revealed that Krantz's death was caused by a fractured skull that resulted in bleeding of the brain.
On Tuesday, DuBois said the medical examiner's final report is still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483