Home » News » Public Safety
Several brush fires around Lebanon termed suspicious
LEBANON - The Lebanon Fire Department said Tuesday that brush fires in the city over the past two days are being investigated as suspicious.
Firefighters first responded to a brush fire Monday shortly before 6 p.m. at the end of Waterman Avenue in West Lebanon, involving one acre of woodlands.Then on Tuesday firefighters went to the rail trail behind Renihan Meadows off Mascoma Street for a report of three separate brush fires at 12:40 p.m. One fire was found behind some Dumpsters, and two additional fires were found a quarter-mile west of the rail trail.
Then at 2:05 p.m. the Lebanon Airport tower reported a large column of smoke in the area of Young and Wheatley streets in Lebanon. A 60- by 60-foot area of woodlands was found burning in the Starrs Hill Preserve at the top of Eldridge Street, which firefighters had under control in an hour.
The fires have been labeled as suspicious, and Lebanon police and the fire department's Fire Prevention Division are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 448-1212.
Due to dry conditions, the fire department has suspended all open burning until further notice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 8
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 24
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 3
Trump fired up over NH mailer