Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist injured in Derry crash
Police were summoned to the scene shortly after 6 p.m., according to Derry Police Lt. Daniel Beattie.
Upon arrival, it became apparent the unnamed male victim, who rear-ended a car with his motorcycle, had suffered a compound leg fracture and the decision was made to transport him by air to Massachusetts General Hospital.
No one was injured in the car that was struck by the victim's motorcycle. Police are continuing to investigate what might have caused the accident, though speed may have been a factor.
Beattie said police would interview the motorcyclist once his condition is stabilized.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0