Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist injured in Derry crash
Police were summoned to the scene shortly after 6 p.m., according to Derry Police Lt. Daniel Beattie.
Upon arrival, it became apparent the unnamed male victim, who rear-ended a car with his motorcycle, had suffered a compound leg fracture and the decision was made to transport him by air to Massachusetts General Hospital.
No one was injured in the car that was struck by the victim's motorcycle. Police are continuing to investigate what might have caused the accident, though speed may have been a factor.
Beattie said police would interview the motorcyclist once his condition is stabilized.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Firefighters battle intense body shop fire in Derry - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- NFL: Eagles rally in second half to edge Colts, 30-27 - 0
- Large blast kills at least one in Afghan capital as smoke rises above city - 0
- UNH ranked for 144th straight week; QB Goldrich honored by CAA - 0
- New Legion director eyes junior division growth - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Five different goal scorers lift Pinkerton to field hockey win - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- Among 5 primary recounts, no changes to winners - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats