Home » News » Public Safety
Concord High gun threat a hoax
The teen was arrested off school grounds, police said, but not before the school was evacuated and surrounded by a massive law enforcement presence - including more than 30 police cruisers and a special operations armored vehicle.
About 50 people were inside the building taking adult music classes and a college culinary class, Assistant Principal Steve Rothenberg said. There were also some students filming a movie, he said; some wore makeup, including fake blood.
There were no injuries in the incident, Rothenberg and police said.
"What we can tell you is that everybody is safe," Rothenberg said about 10 p.m.
The 18-year-old was charged with criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, a class B felony. Police would not say if a weapon was recovered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 1
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 2
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks