Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Attempted robbery case ends with prison time
Zachary Jabour, 23, has struck a plea deal on attempted robbery charges for allegedly attempting to take the man's 2006 Honda Accord on June 16 then later threatening him with a pair of wire cutters during a second encounter on the same day.
He is expected to be sentenced to two to six years in state prison if a judge accepts the terms of the plea agreement on May 20.
His girlfriend, Kristin Gile, 22, of Derry was sentenced on Wednesday to two to six years in state prison for being Jabour's accomplice.
Her lawyers argued for a 12-month jail term. Derry police began investigating the robbery on June 16 after meeting with the victim, David Goldberg.
He told police that he went to a Sawyer Court residence to meet up with Gile.
"When he parked his car at Sawyer Court, a male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a red bandana over his face knocked on his window," Derry police Detective Scott Tompkins said in a sworn affidavit. "The male told him to get out of his car and that he was going to take his car."
Goldberg drove off in his 2006 Honda Accord, according to police.
Gile then called Goldberg and told him "she still wanted to go out but wanted him to go to her house to pick her up," according to a police affidavit.
Goldberg returned to the residence and was confronted by Jabour again once he entered a doorway. Jabour was allegedly armed with wire cutters. Goldberg struggled with Jabour and got the wire cutters away from him, prompting Jabour to flee, police said.
Jabour is facing two counts of attempted robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted theft by unauthorized taking and conspiracy to commit theft by unauthorized taking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 23
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 8
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917