Lin-Wood Public School takes top spot in U.S. News' rankings
The school was rated tops among the state's 88 high schools, and ranked 749 out of 21,035 U.S. public high schools.
It serves the students in the Lincoln Woodstock Cooperative School District.
Profile Senior High School in Bethlehem was ranked second; White Mountain Regional High School in Whitefield placed third.
The rankings were released April 23. The data-driven assessment takes the school's population makeup into consideration, factoring in the percentage of economically disadvantaged students to determine if the students are performing better than statistical expectations.
Lin-Wood's college readiness index was 38.3, with math and reading proficiencies at 2.3 and 3.4.
According to U.S. News, 43 percent of the school's seniors take advanced placement courses.
At Profile Senior High School, 43 percent of the seniors took AP classes, and its reading and math scores were 2.2 and 3.0 above state average.
U.S. News gave the White Mountain Regional High School, a score of 28.9 for its college readiness. Thirty-two percent of the seniors took AP courses. For its reading and math proficiency scores, the school's students ranked 2.1 and 2.9.
Rounding out the top 10 New Hampshire schools were: Goffstown High School, Hanover High School, Bedford High School, Exeter High School, Portsmouth High School, John Stark Regional High School and Kennett High School in Conway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Secret arrests? Not if we can help it - 5
- Process and law: Foster's questionable circumvention - 1
- The courage of Boston: The courage of America - 1
- Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas - 24
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 1
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 10
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 2
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 7
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing