Pittsfield church to celebrate 150 years of ministry
The church was organized on March 30, 1863. At a meeting that day, the Board of Wardens and Vestrymen was authorized to purchase and prepare a lot for a chapel.
A piece of land on Main Street was purchased from Mr. and Mrs. James Drake for $500 to be used as a lot for the church
The Second Bishop of New Hampshire, The Right Reverend Carlton Chase, made his first visitation to St. Stephen's on July 19, 1863. Bishop Chase preached twice that morning in the Masonic Hall before the procession moved to the foundation for the new church building, where he presided over the ceremonies and prayers to celebrate the laying of the corner stone.
On May 19 this year, at 9:30 a.m., the 10 Bishop of New Hampshire, the Right Reverend A. Robert Hirschfeld will make his first visitation to the parish of St. Stephen's.
Bishop Hirschfeld will preside at a service to celebrate St. Stephen's 150 years of ministry.
The service will include the Holy Eucharist and Confirmation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Secret arrests? Not if we can help it - 5
- Process and law: Foster's questionable circumvention - 1
- The courage of Boston: The courage of America - 1
- Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas - 24
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 1
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 10
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 2
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 7
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing