Etz Hayim Synagogue celebrates Israel's birthday Sunday
It will feature an opening ceremony commemorating Israel's independence followed by a walk, which, metaphorically, follows the geography of Israel.
Following the walk, there will be Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and tables featuring Israeli products.
The theme of the walk is Walk the Land-Celebrate Life. This is part of the world-wide walk for Israel in honor of her birthday.
At 11 a.m., meet at the synagogue, register for the walk, and receive a map of Israel and seeds from Israel
At noon, there is an opening ceremony, introduction, prayers, speakers and the blowing of the Shofar.
The walk is from 1 to 2 p.m.
From 2 to 4 p.m., at the synagogue, Israel Inside: How a Small Nation Makes a Big Difference. Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and vendor tables featuring Israeli products will be available.
To register for the walk go to walktheland65.org/ and click on Derry. There is no charge for this and every registrant 18 years of age or older will qualify for the Walk the Land Sweepstakes drawing for a round-trip ticket to Israel.
Every registrant 13 years of age or older is eligible to enter the Walk the Land video contest.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 5
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Week of NH debates kicks off - 0
- Sanders talks middle class revivial at Labor Day breakfast - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- Phils' Hamels, three relievers no-hit Braves; Papelbon closes it out - 0
- Kirk wins Deutsche Bank title - 0
- Manchester aldermen to discuss Bronstein Park - 0
- David Harsanyi: The left's ridiculous freakout over Burger King - 0
- 'Gronk' gets OK for Pats' opener - 0
- Fittingly, Fisher Cats lose finale by 1 - 0
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward