Etz Hayim Synagogue celebrates Israel's birthday Sunday
It will feature an opening ceremony commemorating Israel's independence followed by a walk, which, metaphorically, follows the geography of Israel.
Following the walk, there will be Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and tables featuring Israeli products.
The theme of the walk is Walk the Land-Celebrate Life. This is part of the world-wide walk for Israel in honor of her birthday.
At 11 a.m., meet at the synagogue, register for the walk, and receive a map of Israel and seeds from Israel
At noon, there is an opening ceremony, introduction, prayers, speakers and the blowing of the Shofar.
The walk is from 1 to 2 p.m.
From 2 to 4 p.m., at the synagogue, Israel Inside: How a Small Nation Makes a Big Difference. Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and vendor tables featuring Israeli products will be available.
To register for the walk go to walktheland65.org/ and click on Derry. There is no charge for this and every registrant 18 years of age or older will qualify for the Walk the Land Sweepstakes drawing for a round-trip ticket to Israel.
Every registrant 13 years of age or older is eligible to enter the Walk the Land video contest.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- A faithful restoration of a Manchester cathedral - 4
- Calender of religious events in the state - 0
- South African chorus at Portsmouth church - 0
- Collection this weekend to help religious communities address a retirement shortfall - 0
- Interfaith Women of NH at Temple Adath Yeshurun - 0
- Candlelight Advent concert Tuesday night at Saint Raphael Church in Manchester - 0
- Keene churches increase winter breakfasts this year - 0
- Pope to visit U.S. next year - 0
- St. Margaret of Scotland in Conway to celebrate the Kirkin' of the Tartan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 8
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 6
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'