Etz Hayim Synagogue celebrates Israel's birthday Sunday
It will feature an opening ceremony commemorating Israel's independence followed by a walk, which, metaphorically, follows the geography of Israel.
Following the walk, there will be Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and tables featuring Israeli products.
The theme of the walk is Walk the Land-Celebrate Life. This is part of the world-wide walk for Israel in honor of her birthday.
At 11 a.m., meet at the synagogue, register for the walk, and receive a map of Israel and seeds from Israel
At noon, there is an opening ceremony, introduction, prayers, speakers and the blowing of the Shofar.
The walk is from 1 to 2 p.m.
From 2 to 4 p.m., at the synagogue, Israel Inside: How a Small Nation Makes a Big Difference. Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and vendor tables featuring Israeli products will be available.
To register for the walk go to walktheland65.org/ and click on Derry. There is no charge for this and every registrant 18 years of age or older will qualify for the Walk the Land Sweepstakes drawing for a round-trip ticket to Israel.
Every registrant 13 years of age or older is eligible to enter the Walk the Land video contest.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
- Selling of Catholic church properties is a sign of the times - 0
- Rock Church presents Easter cantata - 0
- Pope tells Obama of concern for 'religious freedom' in the U.S. - 0
- Renovation complete at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church in Derry - 0
- Retired Melkite Bishop Elya to attend Lenten dinner - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 0
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- Top Manchester school officials no longer must live in city - 7
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 8
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers