Home » Opinion » Editorials
This week's Rare Bird Alert
A snow goose was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
An Iceland gull was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
A glossy ibis was seen in Milford on April 25.
There were a few scattered reports of common redpolls during the past week.
A possible worm-eating warbler was seen in Bedford on April 28, but has not been relocated.
An orchard oriole was reported from Hawkin's Farm in Salem on April 29.
There were several reports of fish crows, Virginia rails, and rusty blackbirds during the past week.
A ruby-throated hummingbird was seen in Manchester on April 27.
Returning migrant warblers reported during the past week included: yellow warbler, prairie warbler, ovenbird, Nashville warbler, northern parula, black-throated green warbler, black-throated blue warbler, magnolia warbler, black-and-white warbler, northern waterthrush, and Louisiana waterthrush.
Returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: rose-breasted grosbeak, gray catbird, wood thrush, whip-poor-will, brown thrasher, eastern kingbird, great-crested flycatcher, house wren, warbling vireo, and vesper sparrow.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rock Photographer Jeremey Saffer presents 'The Rocking Dead' at Rock & Shock - 0
- Free Outdoor Adventure Talk September 17: Deer Hunting Basics - 0
- Tickets on sale for Loeb School Event, featuring Donald Trump - 0
- Win tickets to see Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull in Boston - 0
- Win tickets to see 'America's Test Kitchen with Christopher Kimball' - 0
- BG graduate completes ROTC course - 0
- Glendi being held at St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Manchester this weekend - 0
- Getting into character: Granite State Comicon started Saturday in Manchester - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: On apples, bears and unlimited cod - 0
BG graduate completes ROTC course
Brenda Charpentier's Forest Journal: Snapping turtles survive despite some undeserved animosity from humans
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Public be damned: Litchfield latest example
Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence
Exeter team reeling over tragedies